Sunday, August 21, 2011

Shanley Hotel - Again.


The Shanley Hotel never fails to provide a good time and some lovely data. The August 20th event hosted by Truth Travelers (Mary Gasparo and Steve Shockley) was fantastic. I was really happy with the number of participants that chose to dress up for the Singapore Experiment. I admit, it's not the BEST picture of me (not that there are many) but as I hope you can tell, I am dressed up as a Bordello worker, standing next to the owner, Sal Nicosia.

I arrived a day early and had the run of the hotel. I chose the room with the twin beds, now known as the John Powers room. Steve Shockley arrived that afternoon and stayed in the Silent room down the hall from me. I wish I could say I slept, but I didn't.

The hotel was so active. Was it always this active overnight? Was it active because it had a captive audience of two? Walking around upstairs on the third floor, walking around in the hallways, shadows outside my second floor window, noises coming from downstairs... even the room I was staying in was active. All night I felt as if I was being watched from the chair. I did not feel scared, it was almost as if it was a parent watching over a child. Needless to say, I kept the light on in the event I wanted to run out with my camera.

The sun came up, but the activity continued. At 6am, I decided I needed coffee. It was one of those moments when I wished I had a video camera because my description of what happened next will never do it justice. I swung my legs over the side of the bed and said aloud "coffee time". As I was standing, I saw an outline stand up from the chair in my room and disappear. I walked to the door, which I kept propped open all night and turned off the light. I looked towards the room Steve was staying in, thinking that he too was up and in need of coffee. It was not Steve standing in front of his door but a woman with braided up hair and a floor length, high collar dress. She turned to look at me and I felt as if she was a Nanny telling me to get back to my room because it was too early to get up. She then returned to looking at the door Steve was sleeping behind. With that, I walked backwards through my doorway, turned on the light and sat on the bed and said "FINE" with a huff. Yes, I huffed. It's not very often I am reprimanded by a non-fleshy!

That night, the other guests arrived.  I was a team leader this go-around so I didn't have as many opportunities to take my own photos as I tried to limit my activities to allow the team to focus on their own investigating. At one point Mary, Bev and I snuck off to the bordello to do our own evp session. We didn't need a recorder to hear the answer to our question "Are we dressed appropriately to work here?" NO! I wasn't entirely shocked by the answer, it's not as easy as you would think finding period bordello clothing in my size online!

The Shanley Hotel


No comments:

Post a Comment