Monday, May 16, 2011

Respecting Ourselves.

This is not the subject I was hoping to post about next, but I feel it is the one that needs to be addressed.

Respect. Respect for the field. Respect for the other members in the field.

Open Letter to Members of Teams, Individual Investigators and anyone else under the Paranormal Umbrella;
I can string together random letters and most likely it will be a cipher of some paranormal team. When 2 or more people gather in commonality, it can be considered a team. A paranormal team should be one comprised of people who have gotten together to research, collect data, and possibly form friendships.
I have one question that I know I won't get an answer from those who it is addressed to, but I need to ask it all the same. 
WHY -- as in, why is so much time, energy and resources being wasted trying to bury the "competition"? 
Let me assure you there will never be a shortage of locations. The non-fleshies outnumber the fleshies.  
There is no need to build barbwire fences around an area and claim it as your own. There definitely is no need to slam on other teams/individuals. Sending anonymous emails and/or attacking the other investigators, their teams and/or their family members is not only unwarranted, it is childish.  
Do I really need to touch on the level of maturity involved in creating fake names and running loose on social networks? Let me save you the typing -- Yes, I am aware I do not use my birth name. I have been called and known by V for a lot longer than I have been involved in the field.  
By trying to tear down the reputations of others, you are bringing everyone down. Since I am part of the "everyone" I am asking you to reconsider your actions. 
You may think that by trying to spread negativity, you will climb that ladder. You will stand above all as the shining example. Your name will be on the lips and walls of everyone. 
You're only partly right in your thinking. You will rise above to the status of example, but not one people would want to strive to emulate.  
A drama-free existence is not possible. I am fully aware of that fact. What I ask is not for everyone to play well with others. What I am hoping to get across is simple. 
Quit tossing grenades!  
Respect yourself and your reputation enough to not try to bring those of others down.
~Vee

*** edited to include everyone under the umbrella as I am aware this is happening in other areas, not just the "ghostie" side.

11 comments:

  1. Well, without sounding "cocky".. I KNOW for a fact you are not writing this directly to me (for several reasons) so while you said earlier "I know I won't get an answer from those who it is addressed to" you were right.

    It gets old. I guess with some of these people that try to bury the "competition" .. they don't realize that people are mocking them behind their back? Laughing at them? Rolling their eyes?

    What is the point of collecting information (assuming that you know how to process it once you do) and gathering it up around you so that no one else can be a part of it? Because they themselves have been less than honest about how they got it? Assuming they retrieved the information themselves, what point is it in shouting at the top of a mountain when no one wants to listen any longer, why should they? There is no integrity left.

    When did these "adults" learn how to be deceptive? Finger pointers? Miserable beings striving for others to feel their negativity?

    *shakes head*

    Grow up already..geesh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think thats pretty clear to anyone who listens to my show that I learn what I can, share what I can, and then I have fun. Life is short. Frankly that whole competitive thing between groups isn't noticeable most of the time. I found that when I removed a few select people from my life, the negativity went away. I have made a commitment to myself that I won't allow those types of people into my life. I have found that I can be in a group, research, get the findings out there and just not be part of that crowd. I am much happier for it.
    I think when people realize they don't have to be victims of these bullies, and they can control their own destiny, none of that poo poo matters. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very well put, V. The territorial behavior has become worse than ridiculous. Stifling field research by making "your" location off limits to other investigators only inhibits progress and makes the perpetrator look like a fool.

    God knows the world has enough fools already.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I personally think scientists and researchers should fight constantly to beat out the competition when it comes to brain surgery and cancer research. I think its healthy for scientists to rush to their claims and present false information as valid while slamming their fellow researchers calling them names and leaving negative comments on each others facebooks. We need more of that in the medical field... dont you think?

    *sarcasm*

    I love you V.

    - Bri

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very well said my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. V,

    This is why the better events,conference's, conventions, etc. are getting bigger... There are many of us out here who are not only willing but want to work/learn from others..(Just my thoughts for what it is worth)

    I think those of us in this for the long run have no issues sharing.. I think the problems, drama, etc. come from those who get a voice recorder, sneak onto private property, and expect the cable shows to track them down and make them stars.. Afraid or so arrogant they think if they work or share they will have to give up a slice of their invisible fame..

    Just my thoughts, again, for what they are worth.. Oh and by the way - BEV did it

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well said....

    And I totally agree with ghostrawk up there. ;oD

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome V keep up the great work..But what is sad is I see People comment I never talk about people. Then they are the first ones out there trashing another group or person. Love the emails you get hey stop hanging with my friend cause you will take them away from me LOL..Love those...I noticed one of those people commented on here. Saying she removed them but, it was the other way around!! R.M (who does that anyway?) Jealousy in this field needs to stop! If a team or individual advances faster then you Be happy for them...Just Saying

    ReplyDelete
  9. RESPECT! YOU TALKING RESPECT! RESPECT! YOU TALKING RESPECT! (In a whiny Alan Iverson Voice) You hit the nail on the the head V! Awesome point!

    ReplyDelete
  10. VERY NICE & INTERESTING COVERSATION PIECE
    BRY

    ReplyDelete
  11. V
    I totally agree with you. Being part of a group shouldn't prevent you from still being yourself, enjoying being with others or restrict you in any way. Being in a group, any group, should be about being with like minded people. Any group or club that tries to restrict people or make people feel bad about themselves has a lot of growing up to do. Personally speaking I think going out with other groups helps bring insights, ideas and helps form a social network in which we can share experiences. Well I'm getting off my soap box now. Thanks for letting me give my 2 cents. Great talk show tonight too V.
    Barb
    and no one in our group is prohibited from going where they want, with whom they want, when they want.

    ReplyDelete