Monday, May 2, 2011

Make Room for the Muliebral

I AM a solo woman in the paranormal field. I am NOT a token in what seems to be a male dominated arena. 


My opinions, as well as any data I have collected, are no less valid than any other persons. It is not news that a woman has to work twice as hard as her male counterparts for half the recognition, and those number go down based on physical appearance it seems.  
Out of pure frustration, after being discounted once again, because I am not on a 'team' - I turned to someone for advice. Someone I know has to put up with people giving her a hard time... Ce Ce CaroleBefore anyone jumps in and starts screaming "Glitter", let me lay it out there for you. There is a huge difference between someone who is a Para-Glitter and someone who genuinely shines!
Q: What advice do you have for women in the field who have no desire to be eye candy or have to stand two steps behind a man to have people even consider them as valuable contributors?


Ce Ce Carole
My advice to women is to be true to yourself.
     Never focus on what other women look like or do for attention. Just focus on your research, work and integrity . God made us women in all sizes and shapes. We are the blessed that way. If your work is valid and correct you will get the recognition you desire, but you have to work harder and longer than a man to do so. Paranormal investigations are mainly a male dominated world. We girls have got to try and work harder. This is the same in every walk of life. Women in business, to this day, don't' get equal pay as their male counter parts do, but I will also say we are our own worse enemies by degrading each other for our looks or personalities.
     I am not afraid to work hard. I am not afraid to help others succeed. We women need to stick together as a united front. And only then will we be two step ahead.











When we speak we are afraid our words will not be heard or welcomed. 
But when we are silent, we are still afraid. 
So it is better to speak. 

~ Audre Lorde ~




1 comment:

  1. A.. FRICKEN .. MEN!!! Or rather..

    A...FRICKEN..WOMAN!!!

    I receive SO MUCH MORE respect from people now as an Independent (female) Investigator, than I EVER did being on a team, even if it was an all female team. There are two girls I love and adore still on that team, so my next words do NOT pertain to them....

    It carries a lot of weight in having people watch a team leader "fail" in their knowledge to capture evidence, Steal evidence from someone else, call it their own, fake situations in order to be not only the center of attention, but to completely take over so that NO one else on the team can receive any experiences, then manipulate the group instead of lead them.

    CC is wonderful and amazing, she is a shining beacon to other women and independents.. She is someone who helps to regain strength and faith in the female perspective of paranormal research (where others have dragged us back down). She has made me proud to be who I am without influence!

    Thank you SOO much for posting this! Much love to you! <3

    ReplyDelete