Friday, July 22, 2011

Oh My -- Haunted Knickers!

I will be heading up to Napanoch, NY for another Shanley Hotel investigation on 20 August. 


Once again I was asked to be a team lead for this Truth Travelers event. The honor of being a lead aside, I wouldn't have missed this overnight! I already have my room staked out and my costume is almost complete.


What's that? You don't know why I am talking about a costume? 


The reason this overnight will be different is because it a recreation of an era long past. We hope to bring the Shanley Speakeasy back to life... no pun intended. The dress code is that of the 1920's with the men dressed as gangsters, rum runners, etc and the women are to dress as bordello workers. I have been talking to some of the other women and I am in awe of their creative costumes.


Will I be a bordello babe? Probably not. I'm thinking I fit more as the maid or the discount hoochie. Tight and slinky make me look like a sausage. Sausages aren't sexy. 


Speaking of sausages... there will be an Italian themed dinner. I don't want to give away the entire menu, but I know it's going to be delicious! Yes, there will be cheesecake. Anyone who has ever attended a Truth Travelers event, listened to one of the shows on Thursday nights at 7pm est or ever logged in to UberRadioNetwork.com knows that cheesecake is pretty much the answer to everything.


Food, costumes, food, piano tunes, food... and then the investigation begins! After we have rotated through the hotel and our last drop of energy has been spent; it's time to turn in to our waiting beds. Normally I do not sleep during an investigation but the beds are just too comfortable to pass up. A long soak in the white footed tub is on my list of things for the next morning, followed by a HUGE cup of coffee and some breakfast nibbles.


Don't delay in reserving your spot as this is a limited entry event. You must have a reservation and paid entry to be on the premises. Contact Mary G for information or the Shanley Hotel for reservations.

No comments:

Post a Comment