Friday, April 22, 2011

Beware of Falling Names -or- Lady WHO?

Just a short entry tonight as I have been pre-occupied with yet another bought of drama dragging the field down again. How the hell can the general public take anything anyone under the paranormal umbrella does as even remotely serious when the majority of the behavior they see is comparable to a school yard? He said, she said. I'm better, you suck. I'm right, you're wrong. I know all the cool people, you're a nobody.

-- All that flying mud, it's a wonder anyone gets anything done. --

Last night I was having a conversation with someone (living) and I jokingly made a comment about how I wasn't considered "important enough" because I won't go on and on dropping names.

Yes, I am on speaking terms with many people but, I do not and will never use the phrase "My good friend so-and-so" about someone I met once, casually, for a few minutes, especially if it was on-line.

I would like to think I am beyond the stage of having to roll in glitter to get noticed in this field. People come to me because they know I will not pull punches. If someone wants me to look over their data, I will. I don't care if they are a para-celeb or my best friend - they know that I will go over their work and if I think it's nothing more than paradeolia or wishful thinking, I will let them know.

-- Nothing is gained by fawning, nodding and gulping down that kool-aide. -- 

My name may not be on the lips of everyone, but I like that... it means people have to actually get to know me.

1 comment:

  1. Kool-aide indeed! When I read "Having to roll in glitter".. Man alive I busted out laughing, SERIOUSLY. And I know..KNOW KNOW KNOW there are people all over the paranormal community that honestly believe they are going to find fame and wealth with what they do.. or rather..what they pretend, what they THINK they know, what they try to portray, dropping names (LOL ..as if any of the really matter in the end?) and it's just old hat.

    I will always be interested in the paranormal, but I have other interests that I going to pursue as well. How hard is it to be beyond the crap people put out there. I don't care what I went through to get here, I'm proud of what I know, what I do, what I've found, what I've captured and how I am able to present it. I love the fact that people not involved can come up with their own conclusions.

    I happen to think you are a doll.. "F" the others.

    BY the way, I don't know anyone famous and I like it that way! I have a lot more respect for myself than that ;)

    Muah! Great post!!

    ReplyDelete